15 Sep kinectED: Inside Out: Pelvic Floor Health
Just around the corner are “his + hers” continuing ed workshops taught by Kinected & Kane School super powers Matt McCulloch and Kelly Kane. First up is Kelly’s Inside Out: Pelvic Floor Health workshop on Sat, 9/22 from 1:30 to 5:30. Join Kelly in examining and demystifying the muscles of the pelvic floor. A few of Kelly’s course objectives:
- To give students a clear understanding of the musculoskeletal structures and actions of the pelvic floor and perineal muscles.
- Help students understand how pelvic positions and misalignments can affect the capacity of the pelvic floor to contract evenly bilaterally, anteriorly and posteriorly.
- Provide students with pelvic floor training protocols, which will include training slow twitch and quick twitch fibers, as well as stretching and releasing of the pelvic floor.
- Teach students how to assess if their clients are engaging their pelvic floor and which parts.
- Look at the pelvic floors part in “core stability” and explore its synergism with the tranversus abdominus.
The course is currently full but a waiting list has been started. Please call the front desk at 212-463-8338 to be added to the list.