06 Sep upcoming kinectED: Spiraling from the Arms
One of our amazing all-star instructors, Rebekah Rotstein, is back with an all new kinectED workshop to help you understand spirals and how they translate into hanging, hand sequences + backbends! Here are 5 things you will takeaway from her 1-day workshop at Kinected:
– How spirals are ingrained in human movement even before before birth
– Techniques to alleviate shoulder and back pain by restoring the spirals
– Simple ways to improve spinal extension
– Brachiation/hanging patterns and weight-bearing sequences leveraging biotensegrity and the fascial system
– Fun creative exercises that will leave you and your clients inspired and invigorated
Don’t miss it!
Spiraling from the Arms: Hanging, Hand Sequences + Backbends
Many of us don’t leverage the spirals of the upper quarter aside from rotation of certain fingers in texting. This highly experiential workshop, taught by Rebekah Rotstein, explores the spirals and 3D movement within the structural elements of the trunk, arms and neck via the fascia as the great connector. Through useful weight-bearing hand-sequencing and hanging motions we can restore natural movement patterns and improve the fascial integrity. Whether you’re a Stiff Sam or Hypermobile Helen, you will experience increases in strength and mobility that also improve joint integrity and stability. Learn how these elements translate into backbends and better spinal motion, postural control and greater freedom in the body. Introduce the element of play into your practice and learn some of the techniques Rebekah’s been exploring in her personal practice and with clients in recent years. This workshop is open to movement and exercise professionals of all disciplines and their students.
Sat, 12/1: 10am-5pm, $250, 7 KS CECs
Sign up NOW.