21 Oct kinectED: Therapeutic Skills for Pilates Practitioners
Do you find your self-exhausted from teaching and hungry for more information to support yourself and your clients?
Join Kelly Kane and Scott Lyons for our next kinectED workshop: Therapeutic Skills for Pilates Practitioners to sharpen your knowledge, therapeutic skills and intuition as you learn essential tools to maintain your energy, focus, and resiliency to sustain a long-term career.
Designed for instructors who seek a deeper understanding of assessment, cuing and hands-on guidance, this workshop draws from Kelly Kane and Scott Lyons’ eclectic backgrounds in movement therapy and psychology. Participants will delve into identifying and solidifying their boundaries – in order to reserve their own resources while empowering their clients. Participants can also expect to:
- Address projection, transference and counter-transference in client-practitioner relationships.
- Fine tune body scanning techniques by learning how to exact their own “presence” practices, regional anatomy, and listening skills
- Learn how to identify local and global hyper and hypo-tonicity and be given tools for modulating tone in the body.
- Create a model for therapeutic assessments based on high and low tone, rigidity and neurological “tone” as a way to educate programming choices.
- Have fun and learn about themselves as a way to better serve clients without burning out!
Cost: $525 (deposit $250.00)
CECs: Kane School = 15