02 May kinectED: 2 workshops for the pregnant client!
The focus this weekend at Kinected will be on the pregnant client. Join us for two continuing education workshops addressing this special population. First up: Debbi Goodman’s Pilates Through Pregnancy workshop will take place this Friday from 2-6, Saturday from 9-4 & Sunday from 9-12. Topics that will be covered are:
- the anatomical and physiological changes that occur during pregnancy
- the role of the abdominals and pelvic floor during pregnancy and how to appropriately strengthen these muscle groups
- how to approach designing a safe and appropriate exercise program for the prenatal client
Also this weekend, on Sunday from 1-4, will be Ask the Expert: Reformer Programming for the Pregnant Client taught by Debbi Goodman & Matt McCulloch. Participants will learn:
- modifications of traditional reformer exercises for the pregnant client throughout all stages of their pregnancy
- new exercises on the reformer specifically created for the pregnant client
- contraindications of traditional reformer exercises for the pregnant client throughout all stages of their pregnancy
There are a few spots left in each workshop; sign up before they fill up!