05 Dec upcoming kinectED: Feet, Fascia & Spirals with Rebekah Rotstein!
– How spirals are ingrained in human movement even before before birth
– Techniques to alleviate foot and back pain through restoring the spirals
– Mechanisms of the feet that spare your muscles from overwork and fatigue
– How the fascia is the basis of the spiral movements that enable smooth integrated motion in daily life and performance
– Fun creative exercises that will leave you and your clients inspired and invigorated
Saturday, 12/10: 10am-5pm, $250
Grab your spot!
Rebekah Rotstein, PMA®-CPT and creator of Buff Bones®, is a movement educator and certified Pilates instructor who presents at conferences, resorts and symposiums around the world on topics of bone health, anatomy and movement. She was introduced to Pilates to treat injuries that curtailed her career as a ballet dancer before attending Smith College, where she worked in the Sports Medicine department. Rebekah trained in Pilates at The Kane School under the tutelage of Kelly Kane, where she later served as a Senior Expert Instructor and led coursework including Special Populations as part of the teacher training faculty and developed her own continuing education workshops. Rebekah’s approach to Pilates has been additionally influenced by Madeline Black and Marie-José Blom-Lawrence. Her ongoing study of the body includes learning from educators outside the Pilates world including Tom Myers, Irene Dowd, and Sara Meeks. She also participates in immersion courses at medical schools along with yearly cadaver dissection with Gil Hedley.