02 Jun KFMT studio safety protocol
In response to the partial re-opening in New York, Kinected Functional Manual Therapy is now open for all patients, so anyone can book an in-person PT session (not just those in acute pain). The schedule will be as follows:
- Elliot, Katherine and Jinny will be available Monday-Friday; Monday-Thursday: 8am – 6pm and Friday: 8am – 3pm.
- Starting 6/15, Travis will return to the studio and KFMT’s hours will expand to cover evenings; Monday-Thursday: 8am – 8:30pm
- Ursula will be available for craniosacral sessions on Saturdays, 9am – 2pm
As always, flexible payment options are available if there is financial difficulty. Please email us to book.
Stay tuned for studio and education updates, and in the meantime, our virtually kinected schedule continues with our weekly classes, guest teachers and free community education.
Q: How are we keeping the studio safe?
A: To minimize people in the studio and maintain social distancing throughout we will do the following:
- Only 1-2 therapists will be in the studio at any time and will be treating on opposite ends of the studio
- Our front desk staff will be completely virtual
- Pilates staff will not be returning to the studio in the immediate future
Q: How are we scheduling appointments?
A: We are staggering appointments with a 15-30 minute break in between so we can fully disinfect the bathroom & treatment areas and keep you from overlapping with the patient before and after your session
Q: What happens when I arrive at the studio?
A: Several protocols are in place:
- Mask use & thorough hand washing is required by all persons in the studio.
- Social distancing is also required when not in treatment.
- All patients & treating therapists will be required to attest that they have not had symptoms or exposure to COVID prior to coming to the studio.
- Patient and therapist temperature will be measured by your treating therapist to ensure neither you or your therapist are mildly symptomatic.
Q: What if I can’t come in?
A: For those of you who still may not be comfortable yet coming to the clinic, we will continue to provide Telehealth Physical Therapy services.